SOS Certification Program – Application and Tuition
Step 1 = Complete your registration online
Step 2 = Attach a copy of your current curriculum vitae or resume and Certificate of Attendance for pre-requisite requirements
Step 3 = Submit the registration fee
We will notify you by email within 10 business days regarding your acceptance into the program. Participant selection will be based on priority of applications received, previous work/educational experience and course space availability.
If you are not selected to participate in the Certification program, your registration fee will be refunded to you in full. If you are accepted into the Certification program, but not in the currently scheduled course, you may choose to be enrolled in the next available course opening. Your application fee would then be held to the start of that course time frame.
Once the Certification program has started, this registration fee will become non-refundable. If an unavoidable emergency situation arises precluding the Participant from completing the Certification program, special arrangements for a postponement may be made on a case by case basis.
Please note, we require a minimum of 6 participants to run each Certification program session. In the event that a Certification program course needs to be canceled or postponed due to low registration, all payments, including the $50 registration fee, will be refunded.
- Completion of the Basic SOS Approach to Feeding Course (3.75 Day) within the last 5 years, OR completion of the Basic SOS Approach To Feeding Course (3 Day) PLUS the Advanced Topic Online Course = “Tools in Your Pantry: Effectively Using the New Oral Motor Steps”, both within the last 5 years
- Completion of the Advanced Topic Course: Parents as Partners: Helping the “Challenging” Family within the last 5 years
- Therapists who attended an SOS Approach to Feeding Course more than 5 years ago, would be expected to repeat the Basic course
* Please note you will be required to submit a copy of your Certificate of Attendance for the Basic and Advanced course prerequisite requirements as part of the Certification Application Process.
System and Material Requirements
- Computer with the following system requirements
a. Operating System Windows 7, 8, or 10; Mac OSX 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 or higher
b. Ideally 2 GB of RAM or higher
c. Free Hard Disk Space of 5GB or higher to enable instillation of Java, Micromedia Flash Player, and Blackboard Operating System
- Reliable broadband (high-speed) internet connection with a minimum speed of 1.5 mbps (4 mbps or higher preferred) Either built into computer or external:
a. Web Cam
b. Headset or Headphones
- Digital Video Camera able to record a minimum of 20 continuous minutes (for videotaping of Therapy Sessions with clients)
The tuition, less the $50 registration fee, will be refunded if SOS Approach to Feeding receives written notice of cancellation from the registrant at least 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date of the program. The full tuition will be charged to registrant who cancel 14 or fewer business days before the schedule start dated to the program or registrants who fail to attend the first scheduled course.
Questions? Contact us